Noriūnai Manor

 

This manor was mentioned in historical sources in 1559 for the first time. It belonged to Naruševičiai, Radziminskai, Abramavičiai, Stachovskiai, Bucholcai, Oginskiai, Tiškevičiai, Venslovavičiai and Adomonis families. In 1921 the wedding of poet K. Binkis and the last owner J. Adomonis’ sister Pranciška Ieva took place here. The architectural ensemble of Noriūnai consists of a manor house, a barn, a dolomite tower, outbuildings and a park. It is a monument of national importance. The architecture of Noriūnai manor house has an unusual T form shape and is typical to the Classicism and Mannerism. The manor is a-real estate cultural property of Lithuania. It is now a private property and can only be viewed from the outside. Farm labourers’ house (kumetynas) and the residential building of servants (oficina) with a dolomite tower of the former Noriūnėliai Manor still standing to the south of the Noriūnai Manor.

There are no reviews. Be the first one to give a review!